DRI/IASD Events & New Book on Dreams!
IASD European Regional Conference, Vilnius, Lithuania
The 6th IASD European Regional Conference to be held on April 25-26, 2020 in Vilnius, Lithuania, has now been launched.
Please visit the website for more details: http://www.asdreams.org/regionals/vilnius/.
IASD Annual Conference
Join us at the IASD 37th Annual conference at Scotsdale, Arizona: June 13-17, 2020. A number of DRI/CCPE members will be presenting, offering workshops and attending.
DRI presented the following panel and workshop at IASD June 2019 conference in the Netherlands:
Panel Presentation: Dreams and holistic health: Transpersonal perspectives on therapeutic applications of dreamwork – Sunday, 23 June, 1:30-3:30pm
• David Billington – Dreaming wellbeing: a mixed-methods study into the therapeutic benefits of the Waking Dream Process
• Judy Pascoe – An inquiry into personal dream experience: Using dreams as guidance to create art
• Debra Deaville – The Wisdom of Dreams: Casting Light on Alchemical Research
• Nigel Hamilton – The therapeutic significance of moving and interacting within the space of a lucid dream
Dream Group: Radical Ritual – Exploring the Asklepion Dream Incubation Process – Ancient Myth as Healer
• Laura Payne – This dream group will meet daily to experiment with and explore the ancient rituals of the Asklepion dream incubation techniques. Participants will experience the restoration of the creative imagination to the healing process and have a deeper understanding of how our souls in dream state connect our bodies to the flow of healing imagery.
New: Dream Research Anthology
This two-volume set, edited by Bob Hoss, Robert Gongloff and Katja Valli, examines dreams and dreaming from a variety of angles—biological, psychological, and sociocultural—in order to provide readers with a holistic introduction to this fascinating subject.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of the physiology, psychology, and cultural contexts of dreaming
- Explores both dream theory and the practical applications of dreamwork in everyday life
- Features contributions by more than 75 authors, all recognized experts in their fields
- Offers readers suggestions for further reading and additional study in an extensive bibliography
Nigel Hamilton has contributed a piece on “Psychospiritual Transformation: Light, Colour and Symmetry” and Melinda Powell on “Metaphoric Presence in Dreams” based on a study of dreams in the Alister Hardy Religious Experience Research Centre archive. Dave Billington’s MA paper “Client Experience of the Waking Dream Process” was cited in a chapter on “Clinical Application of Dreamwork”
In conjunction with the Alister Hardy Religious Experience Reseearch Centre (RERC), the DRI is collecting accounts of people’s spiritual or religious experiences in dreams. If you have ever had a spiritual or religious experience in a dream, and are 18 years or older, you are invited to take part in our ‘Dream States, Spirituality and Wellbeing’ research project. Click here to take part in the survey.